Our vision for the children at Northgate Primary School is for all children to succeed by challenging them to meet high expectations. We are committed to a nurturing and supportive environment for the whole community, stressing the importance of inclusion and acceptance.
Challenge and succeed
Nurture and support
Acceptance and inclusion
In June 2014, the Prime Minister emphasised the important role that British values can play in education. At Northgate Primary School, we develop and promote British Values throughout our school and within our curriculum.
“We want every school to promote the basic British Values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance for those of different faiths and beliefs.” Lord Nash
A key part of our plan for education is to ensure children become valuable and fully rounded members of society who treat others with respect and leave school fully prepared for life in modern Britain.
• The Rule of Law
• Individual Liberty
• Mutual Respect
• Tolerance for those of different faiths and beliefs
To do this our children will develop;
• An understanding of how citizens can influence decision-making through the democratic process
• An understanding that the freedom to hold other faiths and beliefs is protected in law
• An acceptance that people having different faiths and beliefs to oneself (or having none) should be accepted and tolerated, and should not be the cause of discriminatory behaviour
• An understanding of the importance or identifying and combating discrimination
The mission statement and aims of the school clearly reflect these values, and the whole school strives to uphold them.