To all Parents/Carers,
Returning to Nursery – September 2020
We are very much looking forward to getting everyone back in September, hopefully to some sort of normality after this difficult period of time. Below are links to government guidelines we have to follow.
It remains our aim to ensure the safest possible return for everyone and from September we will temporarily be implementing new start and end times until further notice. These times will be:
Morning session: 8:45 - 11:45
Lunchtimesession: 11:45 - 12:30
Afternoon session: 12:30 - 15:30
From September, we ask that only one adult brings or collects a child, to reduce the number of people on site. Please exit the site immediately after leaving your child. If you wish to discuss anything of any detail with a member of staff, please make an appointment.
As always, the rule is that if a child or any member of their family has a persistent cough, a high temperature or a disordered sense of taste or smell, the child should not attend school and they and their family must follow government self-isolation guidance and engage with NHS Test and Trace procedures.
The point of this letter is to let you know what extra steps we will be taking both to settle children back into school and to reduce the chance of infection when school resumes.
- We are aware that some children may be anxious about returning or may have experienced personal or family difficulty during the lockdown period. Staff are ready to respond to this and provide help and support as necessary.
- There will be frequent handwashing at key points in the day and regular cleaning of all commonly used spaces and equipment.
- Children will have their own set of key equipment to use. Any shared equipment will be cleaned before re-use.
- We may be restricted to packed lunches only at the start of term until NORSE, our contractor can deliver a safe service. More detail will follow when we hear from them.
- When a child or family member has symptoms of Covid 19, we expect them to seek a test and fully engage with NHS Test and Trace and to keep school informed of outcomes including test results, to enable us to take protective action as required by the Government guidance.
We hope that you and your family have a safe and happy summer and we look forward to welcoming you back in September.